First of all, a big thanks to many of the authors that were able to put up with me and the various testers to 'modify their baby' into a tournament map. Sometimes at a very intense level.
Note that this process won't necessarily make it a better map, just a more practical and feasible one for this tournament. For more leisurely games, you are advised to search the database for the individual maps themselves.
So, I proudly present the TOURNAMENT EDITIONS of the maps that will be used in the Official HG 2009 PBEM tournament for certain.
Before the total amount of contestants are known, it is not decided completely what maps will be used for which rounds. More information will follow.
* Rocky Divide - KillKenny (first round)
* Mountain of the Gods - LordDuck (first round)
* Colors of Black and White - Dreaming (first round)
* Blackheart and Goodfella's War - King David (2nd round)
* The Lion, The Witch, and the Warfare - Rheno (quarter final)
* Road to Hell - Nyarlathotep (Semi final)
* Too Much Water - Timelord (used in final)
All these maps are still subject to change. Also, depending on the amount of contestants, there may be backup maps. These will be Mister Pickles' 'Danny's Sock' and Final Bolts' modification of TS's 'Creek of Aberil'.
Testers to thank for their time and feedback:
Comments to improve the maps are welcome. Please send them to Swolte.
UPDATE: February 7, 2010
Added updated versions of the semi final and finals map.
UPDATE: December 5
Road to Hell
- Starting skills + heroes adjusted
- Removed dominate item to be replaced with trap item
- Removed several lvl4 from recruit sites map.
UPDATE: November 6
Lion Witch Warfare
- Production resources (Lion) repositioned
- Skills (Lion) changed Channeler with Casting Specialist I.
- Heroes: removed true seeing and two vision levels off both flying heroes (Brazzazo and Baltimore)
- All, major and minor bugs mentioned fixed (hero event removed).
- 'Grgl Swamp' now allows Masters guild, disallows Sanctuary + Champions Guild (CG). Added Siege workshop (SW).
- Capitol GF: Allows city size, added SW + War Hall (WH) in capital GF.
- Generally, added more boats in recruitment sites Surface + UG.
- Removed drill-units from NW recruitment site on surface.
- Diggable earth towards Draconian City underground.
- Changed Spheres GF: 4 Fire - 2 Earth.
- Generally, allow more mana buildings on surface cities.
- Removed extra 15 Goldbonus from BH
- Underground recruitment site: Removed Gargoyle + added 2 bats.
- Increased center watergate defenders.
- Decreased north watergate defenders.
- Added two Dragon hatchlings in recruitment site north.
- Made production resource near 'Dahl's March' weak.
- Stone's throw: now disallows CG.
- Last Chance: Removed barracks + Builders guild. Max growth: Town.
UPDATE: September 24
Added ingame description stating Creek map was an adaptation from FinalBolt. Primary author is now Swolte.
UPDATE: September 22
Added Backup maps
- Creek of Aberil
- Danny's Sock
** Blackheart **
- Removed inactive hero event + added some units in recruitment site.
UPDATE: September 10
** Blackheart **
- Fixed some defenders which were incorrectly placed.
- Minor balance issues.
** Road to Hell **
- Removed Black Dragon Spell from vaults.
UPDATE: August 23
** Colors of Black and White **
- Teleports changed more comprehensively (please check)
- From start area, Wizards can now also choose to teleport to Surface/ShadowLand
- Got rid of starting towers