This is a battle between the evil races for control of the depths of the Earth.
Wizard locations and background:
Nekron - His domain is not really part of the Underdark but is actually an ancient city that has been absorbed by the earth and thus is relatively close to the surface. Nekron endless goal is dominate all life that he comes in contact with.
Skulkan - Supreme Leader of all the Orc Tribes in the Region. The Orcs have become a very structured community in this region that live in the caves of the surrounding mountains. The only issue is that the Goodly races in the area have blocked most of the old tunnels leading to surface. Thus Skulkan must expand his empire by exploring more of the Underdark.
Arachna - High Priestess of Lolth. On a mission from her goddess to control all of the Underdark before spreading her chaos to the rest of the surface world. Her first task is to destroy the rogue Wizard Malvag and his upstart males.
Malvag - He leads a splinter group of male Drow casters that have formed their own community away from Dark Elf society. They are the hunted with respects to Lolth's Priestesses, but never trust a cornered animal.
Karissa - Karissa lost control of her original tribe many moons ago and was forced to retreat deeper into the Underdark. Now that she has restored her power and is continuing to build her army, conquest is sure to follow.
Mangst - In his ever growing lust for more power, Mangst has established a base of operations in the deepest parts of the Underdark. Now he plans to conquer all.
Mab - The Queen of the Goblins has been on a mission to free her people. First she liberated a large number of goblinkin slaves from the Dark Elves in the region and then led a number of other tribes away from areas infested with Dwarves. In order to maintain order and to build upon her growing empire, she has established a stronghold below the normal tunnels of the Underdark away from the other races. But with the influx of Demons in the area, solitude is no longer an option. Grow or die!
Nazure - Little is known of Nazure. He has broken away from the Demon collective and now has created a stonghold in the deepest parts of the Underdark. His hunger for power will continue to drive him onward and upward until he controls everything and everyone in his domain.
Let the WAR begin!
1. This map should be balanced for Multi-player. The map is designed to give you some time to grow your empire before encountering other wizards. But once you do, it should be all out war.
2. It will play somewhat balanced for Single-player but the AI can only build so quickly due to the complexity of the tunnels. I may adjust the map for Single player by limiting the Human player options and upping the AI Wizards' starting positions.
3. This map has been built using the Dwiggs 5.0 mod pack.
4. The Earth vs Rock graphics on the Surface level are difficult to discern. The Earth spaces that are "diggable" can only be seen from the side but they do exist.
5. There is no running story on this map since it was my first map build and I did not want to complicate it by adding in story lines. If anyone wants to, please feel free to modify the map and add stories as you see fit.