NORDIC STAR (WH3)
for “Wizards&Heroes3” mod
by Webusver (email@example.com)
The scenario was updated to Unoffical Patch 1.4. resources. Requires also full install of "Wizards&Heroes3" mod.
Gameplay difficulty is not so high as it was in the original scenario.
Black player now is not so deadly as it was earlier. Wizards were rebalanced in accordance with WH3 ruleset. Heroes and Wizards now use custom portrait libraries. This made possible to reduce size of the scenario file. Also I added some "life" to landscape. Different houses and villages are now scattered here and there. It looks more natural than just cities and seemingly uninhabited surroundings.
I just made a scenario for gaming and roleplaying, not for contests and records. So, enjoy!
Battle&Magic scenario. L-map. Tough AI. 2strong AI wizards+ 6 playable. Starting races, spheres and wizards are customisable. Picturesque landscape. Smart lads and gals heroes. Balanced challenge. Requires full install of "Wizards&Heroes3" mod.
You start with a bunch of 0-level troops with weak city and have to grow your army to 4-level monsters. But even they are not enough to achieve victory. You have to find the legendary sword, which can help you to be victorious.
The beginning of the story
Glorious Saurak the Nordic Star was killed by mysterious assassins who wanted to steal the legendary sword Nordic Star. But the sword was hidden somewhere. There's no evidence who owns the sword now. But at the same time the most noble gentlemen Sir Algernon and Sir Lambert accused each other in thievery without explaining reasons though. And war began between them. And all wizards were involved in this war. Algernon hired Dread Knights and prepares a huge army which will be ready in about 1-2 months. Lambert tries to unite all wizards to fight against Algernon but wizards have already declared numerous wars against each other and all peaceful efforts fade. There remains the only way. The way of the sword. Nordic Star sword.
1. Eklo has a magic cloak. Don't throw it away. It's the key to the treasury room with reward. Eklo must be alive too.
2. If you don't plan to rescue Eklo, go the harbor near Lambert-Hall, take a galley and sail to your castle. This may be essential for cooperative multiplayer game.
3. Try to avoid making alliances or declaring wars if you don't want additional problems.
4. Keep peace with King Lambert. Don't try to ally with him or declare war. He will never accept peace or alliance offer. You will not be able to use the Stone of Request if you are at war with King Lambert.
5. Check descriptions of your heroes. If you keep more gold in your treasury, you will be able to hire better heroes. Remember that heroes of lower subclasses will never gain as much abilities as heroes of higher sublasses already have.
6. You will need the sword Nordic Star to defeat Algernon. Otherwise it will be hard to kill him.
1. Copy file "Nordic Star.ahm" to folder "../Scenario/Custom/".
2. Ensure that you have installed "Wizards&Heroes3" mod.
3. Ensure that you don't use Custom Resources.
4. Enjoy! This scenario was made for gaming and roleplaying, not for contests and records.
A nice idea to reuse a good map. However, the comment about it being somewhat easier is probably not true. The stack by the Nordic Star with the 7 Leprechauns is very difficult.
I think it points out that the Leprechaun really has been overloaded. Whirlwind, Dominate, Pixie Dust, etc...
Webusver File Author
Posted on 03/06/07 @ 11:20 PM
The main "difficulty" om this map is the black player. His powers were really lowered.
As for leprechaun - this unit is ment to be the most nasty unit in the game. He knows many tricks that make him strong against low level units, but his low hitpoints make him a risky unit.