|Roger the Rampant
Posted on 12/06/06 @ 09:00 PM (updated 12/22/09
This is an edited version of the classic AoW2 map Centralaeon, edited to work with Brave New World V3.2 mod. It will not work unless you have patch 1.4 and BNW mod installed, and have selected BNW 3.2 in AoWSMSetup. It is designed to be played SP as either white or black, alternatively it can be played with humans playing both black and white as an email game. As you would play with tactical combat always online (due to the importance of levelling up heroes with BNW) an online game on this map would take days, but you're welcome to give it a try!
||AoW: SM - Unofficial Patch 1.4
|Co-Op vs. AI?:
|# of Wizards:
|# of players:
||Any (depends on AI difficulty setting)
Any questions about Brave New World, or comments about how brilliant the mod is, should be made here please:
These are the changes I made:
1) Changed underground teleport route so it doesn't lead to capital cities
2) Wizards are no longer specialists by default, to stop mastery spells (but wizards are fully customizable anyway). They all have the Conqueror ability, too, as levelling heroes up is crucial to success in BNW
6) Put defenders on a lot of resources, and put guards on towns so that you have to take them by force
7) Increased the defenders on the secret teleports to the central surface town (Centralaeon) from 1 rift lord to 3 rift lords and their pet
8) The underground rock has all been changed to mud, so you can tunnel away to your heart's content
9) A lot of nodes have been changed to random nodes
10) Added a shadow world
12) Peace and alliances are not permitted on this map, or it just makes it too easy
13) Added a few surprises for when you kill the Undead Wizard, or capture Centralaeon
11) One of your heroes (Roger Rampant for Archons, Roger Rabid for Undead) should level up every time you capture a town, so do your utmost to keep this hero alive
12) You now have a project in the caverns, at Murloch Hole
13) Your first project in the Shadow World involves organising a jailbreak for some of your imprisoned heroes. Elsewhere in the Shadow World another one of your heroes is guarding some imprisoned enemy heroes, whilst in his boredom he stares out enviously at a diamond-studded valley
Here's the story:
Long Ago, a powerful wizard called Armeia built a city in an area rich in magical energies. Here, a natural hexagon exists, the nodes at its sides focusing enormous powers at the centre, where she built Centralaeon. Her tower was the most glorious in all the lands and it dwarfed all the other wizards' towers
The empire flourished for centuries. Armeia turned the surrounding lands to ice and sealed off any entrance to her glorious city. She also constructed a vast and complex system of teleporters and fortresses to safeguard her domain
Then, one day, frostling miners made a frightening discovery in the tunnels. There, they found a most terrible secret. It destroyed them all. Now the empire lies in ruins, and four wizards seek to build their own empires on the ruins of the last. But always remember the fate of Armeia, whose thirst for power attracted things unspeakable that doomed her and her empire
The legends say that when it appears as if death is about to totally overwhelm the shire, and all other defenses have failed, the spirit of Armeia could be reborn in order to save us all from a fate worse than death. In the meantime, the last stragglers of Armeia's crumbled empire mumble in the shadows of how one day they will return to the former glories of their heyday
Thanks to Kirky for such a brilliant mod - have fun!
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
It is difficult but that is good. First stage of the game is to survive (mainly independent raiders) and build an empire. The second stage is to search Red, Blue and Black/White. The third stage, well, that is a surprise :).
Good and Evil are perfectly balanced. Red and Blue sadly didnt expand very much so they didnt were a big challenge.
Many nice ideas and well implemented. The dungeon in the shadowland is amazing with nice twists and creative tricks.
Map Design: 5
Looks fantastic esp. the surface and the shadowland dungeon. Large parts of the caverns are to dig through with enough loot and structures to keep it interesting.
Well done. Clear instructions without giving too much away and humorous too.
It is a fantastic map. Thanks!!