After taking over your own continent of Azroth, you, Lord of Nightmares have established a bastion of evil on a small island off the coast of Yrndia. Now you have secured a beach head in the realm of the Human Races and are ready to begin your conquest. You have heard that there is a race below the earth here that may aid your invasion. The races of Yrndia are trying to hammer out their differences and band against you.. But you know that the powers of Necrull, god of death and decay are with you, their nightmare has just begun......
This is a revision of the XL 3 Level-Map "Lord of nightmares", due to some bugs ( and a player comment ).
So, these are the amendments ( in short )
- The ressources of the CPU-Only players are now stronger. They now have the required Unit production that, once the first assault
is over, they can give you a hard time during the whole game.
- dragon nests now just have hatchlings, no more dragons. So you won´t have the armies to defeat the CPU players early in the
- The Dark Elves Unit in the beachhead has now archers ( replacing the swordsmen )
- The CPU Players have got some spells right from the beginning, so that the human players have to handle some nasty magic....
- All cities now have defenders, so the human players will have some difficulties to set foot on and below Yrndia.
- The haunted crypt defenders ( below your hometown ) are more easily to handle.
Enjoy the map and remember:
Suggestions and comments are always welcome. Add a review or drop me an email.
Despite the low scores, this map was quite fun, and in the end *that* is what really matter.
Very hard in the beginning. You think you have a strong army with several Bone Horrors, but your nearest enemy has several Air Galleys and a full stack of Knights. If unlucky you can lose your entire army against the Knights and the Air Galleys will eventually home in on your wizard.
The recruiting of two Bone Dragons (despite the map makers claim that Dragons are no longer recruitable) saved *my* bacon against the Air Galleys. Otherwise you're dependent on slow and weak Spiders to ground the zeppelin and/or Death Ray and Priests using Black Bolts to destroy them.
The Dark Elf player nevers seemed to get off his island. He had a ship, but I don't think he ever used it to transport troops.
Based on an old AoW map, but the added Shadow domain has a few twists.
Map Design: 3
Rather bland. Lots of sea makes it strategic, but also makes it harder of the AI.