Gigan's Throne - The Duel V1.1
(Revision notes at the end)
"There was darkness first ... before there was light."
It's the dark times as Nekron the Lord of Death prepares to rule the land. An unholy deal has been struck between the mortal and the DemonGod. Even the mighty King Gigan of the Humans will be imprisoned by the dark lord and left to die in the desolate dungeon ...
This MP Duel Version allows you to choose between playing the Mighty King Gigan (as humans) or The Dark Lord Nekron (as undeads). The King Gigan role is similar to the SP version that features an interesting solo hero-gaming initial part, but with some twists ... The Nekron role also offers solo hero-gaming at the beginning; the aim being to rebuild the Heart of Darkness as quickly as possible. After the solo part, the emphasis is really on speed to develop your turn advantage ...
This map is designed for MP and hotseating games and has been significantly revamped from the SP Version. PBEM games are possible but may be a bit slow at the beginning. Whereas SP gaming is also possible but the ending may not be very challenging due to the lack of AI, especially when playing as Nekron. However, the solo hero part for Nekron is quite tough. In any case, the opponent should be set to AI Emperor.
v1.0 SP Version - The Beginning (May 10, 2003)
- initial release of the single-player version of The Beginning.
v1.0 MP Version Beta Release (May 28, 2003)
- initial release of this MP version - The Duel.
v1.1 MP Version (May 31, 2003)
- significant modifications so that it's more enjoyable for MP/hotseating play;
- many more scripts and events for undead play;
- introduced a third neutral player (wizard) to improve certain events;
- continue-play improved when hero should die early on.