Welcome to "Sunken City". This is 'lost city' map set in a vast, ancient city slowly being reclaimed by the jungle. I've posted both single player and two-player versions of the map, though I confess the SP version is little more than the 2 player map with a few boosts to the AI players. (I strongly dislike the "role-playing" style of map with side quests, puzzles, etc. that players have to complete to succeed.)
Although this is a 'medium' map, there is a LOT of interrupted terrain, so it will play a bit bigger than it's size.
My map style is very cluttered - not to everyone's taste, but I make no apologies. It's how I like to paint 'em. There're also a lot of goofy jokes and poems (mostly in the hero descriptions.) Don't feel left out if your English isn't up to the task of getting through all the text (some snarky types would say that makes you one of the lucky ones...) it isn't needed to successfully navigate the map, it's just in there for fun.
Notes: -You'll need the 1.5 upatch to play the map.
- The map is set up for the human players to use Snapwit and Entenamen as the player-wizards. The other two are only there as AI adversaries.
- This map uses my customary 'variable exit' teleporters. Be warned that if you go into one, (they're all in the shadow realm), getting back won't be so easy.
- Be warned that the Goblin city beneath Utsu-Entanamen seems to lose it's production screen after awhile. Not sure why and it doesn't appear fixable. If anyone has an answer I'll be happy to implement it. The good news is it doesn't 'break' the map, really, just means limited production for that city.
- Thanks to the UPatch team, who (despite the invisible Zephyr birds) did a wonderful job and inspired this map.
- Fubarno's hero avatar is thanks to his pointing out a glitch in my last map (ages ago.) If you're still around, Fubarno, enjoy. (The Groll is in there for a similar critique even longer ago, once you're in my hero library you never leave, sort of like my teleporter systems.)