///PLEASE READ THE WHOLE///
||AoW: SM - Unofficial Patch 1.4
|Co-Op vs. AI?:
|# of Wizards:
|# of players:
||Any (depends on AI difficulty setting)
Map Name: The Mending
E-Mail address: email@example.com
Game Type: Single-Player Map (story-based)
Map Size: L /w Undergrnd., but it's a vertically rectangular map, not something you can see on regular basis here :)
Map Level of Difficulty: CPU Lord (but you can adjust it before playing)***
Map Version: 1.0
File Size: ~49,7 MB
Originally I didn't plan to make single-player map only, but the more I was into it, the more I came to realize that would be the only proper course. It just doesn't feel right to me when a map doesn't have a decent story. A bland and "dry" description at the bottom of map selection screen is far from enough in my arogant opinion, hehe.
The events take place during announcement of The Mending, few years before the story of Age of Wonders III (I think). The Ruling Council of Dark Elves had responded and many noble houses started a stiff competition, racing towards the place of gathering. The player assume the role of House Despana (already mentioned in "Siblings of the Dark" campaign if you are following my works) which was granted permission by The Council to take first steps to the surface world and lead other Houses. Shortly, an old foe emerges.
The map emphasizes Hero-gameplay. Of course there is a wizard, but he (or rather she) doesn't play any significant role. She's more like a house steward - in my map called Matron. At the beginning of the game you have two heroes strongly connected with a plot, 2 noble daughters of House Despana - Nu'Illira (older one) and Ryina (younger one). Nu'Illira must survive or else bye-bye.
You are going to encounter other heroes along the road, they might also have some impact on the main plot.
All in all, there are few optional adventures and events scattered around the map, so look carefully for them :) As the time pass, some events will happen by itself.
Dark Elven cities....
Deep underground dwellings are the places of evil, darkness, treachery and continous struggle for power. These feats are the core of Dark Elven society, sided with irreconcilable grief makes those places the most difficult to inhabit.
The Earth's bowels are filled with numerous of the most deadliest of enemies, yet still it is the Dark Elves who are the masters of this realm. When it was known that the twilight of the Second Era was near, Queen Julia married to Dark Elven King Saridas. It was an unprecedented event since the great schism of Elven nation during the First Era. Later, with combined strenght of those two, they announced a magical ritual that would cleanse all Elves and unite them together, creating a new race - the High Elves, thus returning to the starting point of this ancient race. It was a one-time chance for elven dark cousins, who although still deep-rooted in their scheming and ploys, couldn't help it, but to notice constant civil war the main element, the main reason causing a torment too great to bear, tearing them from inside. And so, the the distrustful Ruling Council of Dark Elves, persuaded by Saridas, decided for The Ascent - decided to leave the underground world, to embrace light and join with their cousins, separated for too long. That was in case of House Despana, a relatively minor house, but full of ambition and open to reforms. It was House Despana which obtained permission from the Ruling Council to leave first, to make way for other houses which would join with them later. The road to the surface was dangerous and took many weeks, but the journey was soon at it's end, and Nu'Illira - the eldest daughter was the first of the House to inhale many air aromas and scents unknown to her - a flavour of fresh air. They were lucky though it was a night time, a nice and quiet starry starry night. Because not for long they would experience the full meaning of day and night cycle - the concept Dark Elves knew only from the rarely read books about the surface lands. Unfortunately, during Despana's absence, the Ruling Council of Dark Elves was bribed and another House was making their way to the surface - the House Despana's greatest foe - House Symrivvin - wealthy noble House with many prominent figures in Dark Elven society. Soon all members of House Despana was going to face many trials, whether coming from an unpredictable and unknown surface world, or from the hands of their own dark kin.
At the end of this readme it is STRONGLY recommended that you read "Additional Information". Thank you and enjoy!
To start the playing the map, simply run AoW: SM, select "Scenario"->"Single"->(scroll all the way down)->"The Mending"->[SELECT].
No of playable sides: 1 (House Despana [Dark Elves])
Races included in the map: Humans, Elves, Halflings, Dark Elves, Orcs
- get to the gathering place of The Mending [OR] subdue your opponent
- Nu'Illira must survive
Installation/Other files required:
Simply copy all files to your AoW: SM's main folder.
Only two files might cause overwriting:
- Resource\EVENTIMG.PFS - my file is 100% compatible with AoW: SM unofficial patched version 1.4, it merely adds entries of a new portrait libraries, necessary to work with this map. Additionally, it is also 100% compatible with my previously released campaign "Siblings of the Dark", which uses the same file. A bonus for my fans :P. So you can overwrite it without a fuss.
- Images\Portraits\SoD2.ILB - possibly updated and the map derives some of the portraits placed in that file, so it's necessary to work properly, and 100% compatible with my campaign by the way. Overwrite it too.
That's all. All other files are brand new and won't cause overwriting.
- It is advisable to keep all your original heroes alive, as, even though the story goes by itself without them, given their presence, the plot would be enriched and more interesting that way. Some events will occur only if particular hero is alive. When he/she dies, immediately use Resurrect Hero spell.
- The map is followed by a short intro movie, but the nature of problem is that the game starts to play in-game music whenever movie goes on, thus interfering with the video. To overcome this, I prepared special "muted song" for the time intro is being played. But to get this to work you are ADVISED to TURN OFF "Custom playlist" in sound options before playing this map. By doing so, the game will utilise scenario's own supplied playlist.
- (***)Even though you can change level of difficulty, still it is advisable that you keep out of it. On some lower difficulties the computer is not "smart" enough, may fail and be killed... prematurely by independents.
- The gameplay is fast paced. You might need 200 turns (at most) to finish this scenario.
- Unofficial patch version 1.4 is required to play, but NO MODS allowed.
- Naturally as any product coming out from the brand "W4rb1rd", this one is also supplied by introductory and ending movies. Enjoy.
Thanks for downloading and playing.
Credits to all concerned subjects: especialy mp3's, movie fragments and custom portraits. All these are freely available on the internet, but I only want to point out that these are not my work. I've merely incorporated them to work with Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. Some portraits I got by scanning out of comics I own.
All others, like: scenarios, story, dialogues etc. are the work of W4rb1rd.
You are NOT allowed to modify/edit/rework/copy my scenarios or use them in any other, whether analog or digital form. You are allowed to view them in Editor. Other than that, before attempting anything, please contact me first ---> firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEEDBACK IS WELCOME... BUT UNNECESSARY AS I LEARNED WHILE POSTING TO THIS COMMUNITY. HONESTLY, IT'S PRETTY AN AMBIGOUS MATTER. "DOO-DEE DOO-DEE DOO-DEE DOO-DOOOOOO".
RIGHT, THAT'S IT. I'VE RUN OUT OF IDEAS. NOW LET'S WAIT AND SEE WHAT AOWIII MIGHT POSSIBLY OFFER. HONESTLY, I HAVE GREAT DOUBTS ABOUT THIS UPCOMING THIRD INSTALLMENT.
MOTTO OF THE DAY: JEBAC niemcow!
I'VE JUST TESTED IT ON CPU KNIGHT. THE COMPUTER LIVES AND EVEN ENGAGES IN BATTLES. THE SCENARIO LAST LONGER THAT WAY, BECAUSE COMPUTER ISN'T INTO DEVOURING EVERYTHING ON SIGHT AS HE DOES ON CPU LORD. THIS MIGHT PROVE A BETTER OPTION THAN THE STANDARD SETTING I CHOSE.
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
You might want to do something to keep the enemy AI from getting itself killed. Maybe some AI blocks, locked in defensive units, etc. I was just getting started about day 8 or 10 and suddenly I "won" :-(
Cute, but very easy.
Try CPU Lord.