There has been rumors of creatures rummaging the caves under the secret land.
Kentalorg, Master of Banishment, has put the non-alive creatures under his control.
These creatures attacked several cities unprovoked and looted the cities.
They burned structures down so that every city that has more income than
an outpost was afflicted immediately. The land suffered from that for several years.
Then suddenly it stopped, maybe because of the death of Kentalorg.
After his death these creatures still roam the caves of the earth but weren't seen
on the surface again. It is now up to the races to defeat them and uncover the secret
behind the unprovoked attacks
Hello Dan, the map crashes when I scroll to the top right. Can you please update this submission?
Map looks nice. Just like a random map with some of the v14 content, and events, added.
Dan Donnard File Author
Posted on 08/12/12 @ 03:51 PM
Hi all. There seems toi be sth wrong with my map editor. The top right corner seems to be defective. Haven't seen that when creating the map. So if you explore the last city of the dark elves do go to the ressource but not further. Sorry for that error in the map.
Posted on 11/21/12 @ 05:04 AM
The bug in the editor you are talking about seems to be related to extremely high elevation next to border tiles. It is common for random maps to be generated with buggy elevation in a mountain range next to the border tiles on the right side of the surface map. The adjacent border tiles display properly in the game itself, but cause the camera to freeze if viewed in the editor. Attempting to load another scenario after this camera freeze will result in the error code: "ERROR $80000001/-2147483647".
In order to fix the buggy elevation, you need to do the following in the editor:
1. Move the camera to the right side of the map and get the x-position of the tiles adjacent to the border
2. Move the camera to an area near (but not viewing) the buggy elevation
3. Move the camera slowly and carefully (One tile at a time) towards the buggy area. Stop when the camera reaches the x-position found in Step 1 and is not yet displaying the border tiles. If you hit the border tiles, the camera will freeze, and you will have to reload the editor.
4. Select the "Lower terrain" tool and set the brush size to "small"
5. Hover the brush over the terrain adjacent to the border and look for any hexes that appear unnaturally sloped
6. Lower the terrain at that hex
7. Move the camera onto the border to check whether the issue is fixed (i.e. The camera no longer freezes)
8. Save the scenario
It is not just your scenario that suffers from this bug; most (7 out of 10 in my tests) Extra Large random maps generated in the editor seem to be affected. It is not only Extra Large sized maps that are affected, but the problem seems to be much more common on larger maps, probably due to the greater number of mountain ranges generated per map. I have also seen a similar bug occur on the upper border of the underground map in several custom scenarios, but not random maps.
Other scenarios that I know of that are affected by the mountain bug are:
- Conjunction of a Million Spheres by Arsiel
- Great Glacier 1 by Darr
- Family Feud by ibobs
- Family Feud - Blood Brothers by ibobs
All of the aforementioned scenarios are based on random maps.
Scenarios that I know of that are affected by the underground bug are:
- Promising Land by digga
- Rise of Kings by Swolte
- Project EO - The End of the Dread Crusade by Sahiden Ethare
- Against all odds by Shoglic
- Blutmond by Nephrati
None of the aforementioned scenarios are based on random maps.
There should probably be a forum thread about this. It would be nice if the issue was fixed in UPatch 1.5.
[Edited on 11/23/12 @ 12:48 AM]
Posted on 02/19/13 @ 10:52 AM
With the warnings, I never ran into any problems playing the game.
I just seemed to have enough to get by and slowly increase my heros enough to finally prevail. I re-enforced a couple allies and was able to absorb a couple of waves of Black Dragons at their expense.
The events were nicely done, but some more story with them or some triggers would have been nice.
Map Design: 4
A decent layout that worked.
Some minor background and a couple messages.
I played the Elves and it took me 196 days to finally win the game.