You need to have the unofficial patch 1.4 installed before installing this mod. The installer creates a shortcut on your desktop (leading to the AoW1 Mod.exe file located in the directory where you installed AoWSM), run it to launch the mod. It doesn't interfere with any other mods, and works regardless of the resources and language that you have selected in the setup.
You can use this mod to play the specifically designed scenario's in single- or multiplayer. For now, the editor, the campaign, Random map Generator, and maps made for standard AoW-SM are not working.
The following forum thread contains information about the mod, use it if you have any questions or suggestions:
* Ability to play the original AoW1 maps (the campaigns and user-made maps will be added later)
* New units, and changes to the existing ones
* Descriptions of new units written by the AoW community members
* Buildings and units that you can produce are limited according to the city size
* Slower city growth
* Revival of the AoW1 races, including the Lizardmen
* Original AoW1 heroes and items
* Classless hero system
* Got rid of the annoying Domain of Darkness spell ;)
* Classic AoW1 music and intro movie
* spell icons on colored backgrounds